While on vacation, we got to see downtown Nashville on a Saturday night. Jeff, Julie, Michael and I had an adult evening out to see the sights. I have never been to Nashville before so it was exciting for me. Believe it or not you can still smoke in the bars in Nashville. And there are a lot of these little bitty cute bars with live entertainment. Beer was cheap and the music was pretty good for no cover. There were also a lot of street performers. I did appreciate the guy playing the little kid musical instrument. Nothing like country music on a Rainbow Glockenspiel. I noticed he didn’t get very many tips.
I think the high point of the night was when this guy invited me to come sit with him at his table as Julie and I returned from chatting outside. My first thought was “Oh yeah, I still got it!” But then my second thought was “Damn, how drunk is he?!”
I quickly evaluated the situation:
- He was drinking a girly drink (assume it was – the drink was long gone but the glass sure was prissy)
- He had a totally inappropriate t-shirt on
- Aaarghhh the shoes. That’s all – the shoes. Sigh.
- He was jamming waaaayyy too much to the sole acoustic player at the front of the bar and
- He was drunk. Not just a little bit drunk but BITCHIN’ drunk.
In hindsight maybe I should have joined him just to provide some much needed advice on how to pick up women in a Nashville bar. But then I figured eventually my husband would have to come find me and then it might be a little bit awkward. For the drunk guy, I mean.