- My daughter was around 8 years old when she learned the truth about Santa Claus. What I remember most is her relief because (as she told me) “Oh, Okay. Now I get the song “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.” That was creepy but now it makes sense.” I guess it would be pretty yucky to a child thinking Santa and their mother was making out, right?
- At work we decorate the office. My favorite is the “Hall of Balls.”
Because I think everyone should have one.
- My husband asked me why I got a stuffed animal for the kids for Christmas. They are too old for stuffed animals and I had no idea what he was talking about. Until I looked closer and discovered it was Boca, as happy as can be, under the tree in the middle of all the gifts.
- Every year it works out the same. I get gifts that are “To Lori, From Lori” and my kids are excited to find out what they got me and their dad every year. And I know I am ALWAYS going to have a great Christmas because I get exactly what I want every year. I think this tradition started after the first Christmas when my husband and I were first married. He bought me a purse. A butt ugly, old lady HUGE poop colored brown purse. Yeah, that is never going to happen again.
- I have been listening to Christmas songs on my car radio every day. And I think someone should write a song titled “Santa Panties.” I don’t know why, but I have had this jingle in my head for days now:
Santa Panties – that is all I want for Christmas; Santa panties – make them all bright red with white trim.
(BTW, be very careful googling “Santa Underwear” on your computer)