My entire family went on a week’s vacation to Los Angeles to attend my nephew’s wedding and I was stuck at home with the pets. Which was great for the pets because they avoided being in a kennel for a week (We would always tell them it was for only TWO doggie days so we would feel less guilty).
SO here is what I learned from being alone for a whole week:
- I missed my family. Like- right away. Weird because I absolutely didn’t expect to.
- If you want to go out after midnight to find some food and live in small town Ohio, realize you are going to end up at the 24 hour Wal-mart in the frozen food section buying ice cream.
- The dogs are going to stick to your ass the entire week because they are so freaked out that everyone is gone.
- I slept in until 4 pm on Saturday because it was too damn quiet.
- You will have to call tech support when the damn touch screen TV remote control device doesn’t work.
- You will get evil thoughts on what you want to do to your husband’s PC when he doesn’t call or text you in three days. ESPECIALLY when you specifically text him for instructions on how much chlorine to add to the pool.
- You have to make a deal with your son that you will pay his rent for the month of August if he won’t be an ass and piss off his dad for the entire week (which I will now gladly pay; according to my daughter she only had to remind him twice).
- I didn’t know that I would be responsible to remove the dead mouse and dead frog from the swimming pool.
- I could get up at 3 am and vacuum. I didn’t but I could have.
10. I wondered what these marks were on the road in front of our house: